Waag Society is housed at two unique historical locations in central Amsterdam: de Waag and Huis de Pinto. The Waag building on the Nieuwmarkt in Amsterdam is used for our public events and houses our Fablab, Open Wetlab and TextileLab. It's the oldest secular building in the city and very close to the Central Station. The easiest way to get there is by public transport, metro station Nieuwmarkt is almost beneath our feet.
Huis de Pinto is where our offices are located, on the top floors (the ground floor houses the cultural literary centre Huis de Pinto). This is a monumental house in the Sint Antoniesbreestraat, just a five minutes walk from the Waag.
- The Central Station (trains, trams, busses) is at 10 minutes walking distance from the Waag (15 minutes from Huis de Pinto).
- The metro is by far the best option to travel to the Nieuwmarkt square.
- For the Waag, metro stop Nieuwmarkt, take the exit 'Nieuwmarkt' (two minutes walk to the building).
- For Huis de Pinto, metro stop Nieuwmarkt, take the exit 'Nieuwe Hoogstraat' (two minutes walk to the building).
By car (not recommended!)
- Ring Amsterdam (A10) direction North, exit S116 direction North/Center.
- After the IJtunnel, straight on in the direction Muziektheater, or turn right direction Central Station.
- Parking is offered along the route, parking space in the neighbourhood of our locations is very limited.
Parkings in the vicinity
- ANWB Parking Amsterdam Central, Prins Hendrikkade
- Business Parking, Valkenburgerstraat
- Parking Garage Muziektheater, Waterlooplein
View our location at Open Streetmap