Are you interested in exploring alternative paths towards more sustainable textile, fashion and clothing fields? Are you ready to research with a group of like minded pioneers, mentored by world wide experts in a hybrid distributed learning setting? Always wanted to explore knowledge coming from disciplines like biology, digital fabrication, fashion and sustainability to craft your own journey hands-on?
Fabricademy is a trans-disciplinary course focusing on the development of new technologies applied in the textile industry, in its broad range of applications, from the fashion industry to the upcoming wearable market.
Applications are now open for the new Fabricademy year. The programme is starting in September 2021 and ends April 2022.
What to expect?
- 6-month intensive hands-on course
- Full access to our Fablab, Textilelab and biolab facilities
- Hybrid learning setting
- 13 weeks of classes and assignments
- 13 weeks of project mentoring
- Intensive training
- Research/learn together with a global community of like minded pioneers
- Build your extensive network
- Meet global experts in different domains
Fabricademy can be followed all over the world in different so-called nodes. In Amsterdam you’ll follow the course in Waag’s TextileLab, with extensive access to new materials and digital fabrication tools. The TextileLab is located in the oldest (non-religious) building of Amsterdam: the Waag.