Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- We codeCommons Lab10-10-201919OctDuring Dutch Design Week, the Chamber of Commons explores healthcare as commons, as a response to new healthcare challenges.
- We makeTextileLab07-10-201919OctAt Dutch Design Week, Waag's TextileLab explores materials & materiality as medium for understanding ecologies, tradition & foster…
- We careMakeHealth Lab07-10-201919OctThis exhibition at the Dutch Design Week highlights the power of design in transforming healthcare.
- Waagplanet B01-10-2019Research director Chris Julien gave a talk about planet B and the future relationship of humanity with nature at ITGWO.
- We learnMaker Education Lab20-09-2019On Thursday September 12th, the sixth location of Maakplaats 021 opened its doors at OBA Javaplein.
Next events at the Waag:
- 24OctWe makeOpen Design Lab01-09-2019Fablab Amsterdam is open to the public on Thursday afternoon (12:00-17:00 hrs).
- 02NovWaagplanet B07-10-2019During Museumnacht Amsterdam we will search for answers to the social and ecological challenges of our time, with performances, lectures and an…
- 07NovWe codeCommons Lab02-10-2019Do you want to let your creativity run free and contribute to a better world at the same time? Come to the game night on November 7th.
Recent publications by Waag:
- Waagplanet B26-06-2019The position paper describes points of departure for Waag’s AI Culture lab, marking territories for further research by raising questions, issues and…
- We codeCommons Lab12-06-2019In collaboration with AMS Institute, Waag has made a publication on urban data.
- WaagInterface01-04-2019Twenty-five years since the rise of the internet, we find ourselves again at a crossroads, states our Public Research agenda for 2019.