Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- We makeOpen WetlabSubmissions for STARTS Prize 2020 are now open until March 2nd, 2020. Two prizes, each with €20,000 prize money, are offered to honor innovative projects at the intersection of science, technology and the arts.
- We codeCommons Lab09-01-202023JanAt Common Play With Us game nights, we aim to discover the potential of serious games to help us reclaim the urban commons.
- WaagAI Culture Lab08-01-2020What is fairness and how can we make automatic systems fairer? An essay by Stefano Bocconi.
- We codeSmart Citizens Lab07-01-2020Rook is a playful data visualization device aiming at the dissemination of air quality data.
- We careMakeHealth Lab06-01-202013FebWaags MakeHealth Lab organises a MakeHealth Open Evening every month.
- WaagAI Culture Lab05-01-202013FebScientists, artists and citizens are invited to have a dialogue about the social and ecological challenges of our time.
Next events at the Waag:
- 29JunWe makeOpen Design Lab07-06-2019The Fab Academy edition of 2020 will start in January 2020. Applications for 2020 cycle will start in September 2019.
- 06FebWe codeSmart Citizens Lab22-01-2020During the first open session of Sentinel Citizen, we will focus on trends and urgencies in air pollution and the knowledge we need to be able to…
- 13FebWe careMakeHealth Lab06-01-2020Waags MakeHealth Lab organises a MakeHealth Open Evening every month.
Recent publications by Waag:
- WaagAI Culture Lab11-10-2019What can AI teach us about ourselves and our communities? This essay by Tom Demeyer explores the cultural potential of AI.
- WaagAI Culture Lab26-06-2019The position paper describes points of departure for Waag’s AI Culture lab, marking territories for further research by raising questions, issues and…
- We codeCommons Lab12-06-2019In collaboration with AMS Institute, Waag has made a publication on urban data.