Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- We codeFuture Internet LabSupport #goedID. In a new Dutch bill for digital government, the processing of personal data like social security numbers by private providers of digital identification is set too broadly.
- We makeOpen Wetlab11-01-2020Submissions for STARTS Prize 2020 are now open until March 2nd, 2020. Two prizes, each with €20,000 prize money, are offered to honor innovative…
- WaagAI Culture Lab08-01-2020What is fairness and how can we make automatic systems fairer? An essay by Stefano Bocconi.
- We codeSmart Citizens Lab07-01-2020Rook is a playful data visualization device aiming at the dissemination of air quality data.
- We careMakeHealth Lab06-01-202013FebWaags MakeHealth Lab organises a MakeHealth Open Evening every month.
- WaagAI Culture Lab05-01-202013FebScientists, artists and citizens are invited to have a dialogue about the social and ecological challenges of our time.
Next events at the Waag:
- 20FebWe makeOpen Design Lab01-09-2019FabLab Amsterdam is open to the public on Thursday afternoon (12:00-17:00 hrs).
- 20FebWe codeCommons Lab13-01-2020Can serious games help us to reimagine our political and economic system? During our Common Play With Us! game nights we aim to discover the…
- 05MarWaagInterface04-02-2020The demo and official launch of Digital Sprayers, an augmented reality tool and social platform for tags and graffiti.
Recent publications by Waag:
- WaagAI Culture Lab11-10-2019What can AI teach us about ourselves and our communities? This essay by Tom Demeyer explores the cultural potential of AI.
- WaagAI Culture Lab26-06-2019The position paper describes points of departure for Waag’s AI Culture lab, marking territories for further research by raising questions, issues and…
- We codeCommons Lab12-06-2019In collaboration with AMS Institute, Waag has made a publication on urban data.