- Fablab manager
Alex Schaub co-founded Fablab Amsterdam and was the driving force behind the maker space for many years.
Alex has received a degree as bachelor of music and bachelor of art in 1999, and successfully finished his study Master of Music in 2001 at the Royal Conservatoire in The Hague. Besides his work as technician and manager, he was also involved in many art projects, such as Sonic Kitchen. Sonic Kitchen was an immersive performance, and integrates food, sound and image. As an artist, he was also part of the Connected LiveArt programme.
- We makeOpen Design Lab10-04-2014On Friday April 4th, an introduction workshop on traditional Urushi lacquer technique was organised at the Makers Guild / Fablab Amsterdam in…
- We makeOpen Design Lab27-05-2013On May 24th, Alex Schaub was invited by the Rome Maker Faire organisation to give a presentation about the Fablab Amsterdam. An impressive mixed…
- We makeOpen Design Lab06-05-2013Alex Schaub visited the Salone at Milan on invitation of Carmine Deganello.
- We makeOpen Design Lab10-12-2012Connectivity Lab Live celebrated the new Connectivity Lab at Medea, Malmö University with a two-day creators event exploring innovative prototyping…
- We makeOpen Design Lab03-09-2012This year Fab8, was held at the Massey University in Wellington New Zealand. The worldwide Fablab community is growing rapidly.
- We makeOpen Design Lab28-07-2011Op 29 juli 2011 werd het HONFablab in Yogyakarta, Indonesië, feestelijk geopend.