Each year members of the more than 1,200 worldwide Fab Labs gather to share, discuss, collaborate and create communities around the different local and global interests regarding digital manufacturing, innovation, and technology.
This year, the FAB14+ conference will be spread out over multiple locations. Team members of our Fab Lab, TextileLab and Creative Care Lab from Amsterdam will be visiting the FAB14+ events, to discuss ongoing matters in the maker movement.
And finally, FAB14 Main event in Toulouse, France the 14th International Fab Lab Meeting to be held, July 16-22 at the Pierre Baudis Convention Center; with 'Fabricating Resilience' as its central topic.
FAB14+ in France has established three center point that marks the path to a new way of Fabricating Resilience, where this year Fabbers will have the opportunity to travel around France and discover the magic that Digital Fabrication brings to the Region. This event aims to gather people from the global network to debate and build the Fab Lab Network and to forms of knowledge networking.
The most distinguished investigators and specialists from all over the globe are invited, generating activities and traversal impact in the Toulouse. Our motto 'Fabricating Resilience' sets the stage for sharing experiences and creating a collaborative network. To make this possible we have created 5 topics to be developed that can create a big impact in the region, which are: food, mobility, machines, money and access. Find the Waag team at the following dates hosting workshops, meetups and talks:
Fab City Summit, July 11- 13 in Paris
Friday July 13th
- Karen van der Moolen at the Talk Design&Networks from 11:00 - 12:00
- Miha Turšič at the Meetup - Space Ecologies from 13:30 - 17:30
- Sabine Wildevuur on the project Made4You during Meetup - Care from 13:30 - 15:30
Find the complete Fab City Summit programme here.
FAB14, July 16 - 22 in Toulouse
Tuesday July 17th
- Cecilia Raspanti with 'BioShades' workshop from 14:30 - 19:00
Wednesday July 18th
- Fab Academy graduation, during which the Fab Academy 2018 students will officially graduate.
Thursday July 19th
- Sabine Wildevuur during 'Easily document a project /Make it comprehensible for (almost) anyone' from 17:00 - 19:00
All information at: fab14.fabevent.org