Pieter van Boheemen
- Head of programme
Pieter is a hacker, artist, engineer, researcher and teacher driving forward Free & Open Source Technologies as a catalyzer for social innovation. Until October 1st, 2017 he was leading the Open Wetlab, Open Design Lab and Fablab Amsterdam at Waag. He is an expert in biological technologies, an award winning entrepreneur and world recognized speaker on Biohacking and DIY Bio.
He organized dozens of hands-on art science “Do It Together Bio” workshops, founded and led more than 150 Dutch DIYBio community events, runned the micro-organism store Pet Shop, and presented a YouTube channel on making and hacking things. The outcomes have been displayed at major international art, design and science museums and festivals.
He coordinated several European research projects within his group at Waag and participated in KIICS, MakingSense, BrainHack and DITOs. After his period at Waag he went to work for the Dutch Rathenau Institute.
- We makeOpen Wetlab21-02-2017A new week, a new episode of #OPENBIOTECH! In this one I’m showing you how to get in jail as a biohacker. Yep, that’s right.
- We makeOpen Wetlab30-01-2017Zijn de overeenkomsten tussen de doe-het-zelf maker movement en extreemrechts je wel eens opgevallen?
- We makeOpen Wetlab28-10-2016At the Cutting Edge festival last week in Oslo, Pieter van Boheemen witnessed yet another debate on the future of genetic engineering. Unfortunately…
- We makeOpen Wetlab26-10-2016According to popular media we are living in a post-fact society. As we moved beyond a society in which facts and truth are used to prove a point, we…
- We makeOpen Wetlab07-07-2016Al vier jaar komt de groeiende Dutch Do It Yourself Biology (DIY Bio) community samen in het Open Wetlab van Waag.
- We makeOpen Wetlab17-09-2015The second edition of the BioHack Academy has began: brave biohackers from all over the world are taking part in this exciting project, that will…