Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- WaagInterfaceBy the government, but also through media portrayal, privacy is contrasted with security: we have to give up some of our privacy for more safety. But is this contradiction justified?
- We makeTextileLab09-04-202106MayBecome a circular hero! Join the third Reflow workshop and learn how to give your garments new life through the technique of natural dyeing.
- We makeTextileLab09-04-2021We had a talk with Sara Alvarez (ESP). At Fabricademy, she developed Symbiotic Shoes.
- We makeOpen Design Lab22-03-2021Esmee Geerken wants to discover how we can build in harmony with our surroundings and other living species. Walk along with her and artist collective…
- We makeOpen Design Lab15-03-202115Apr20:0021:15Esmee Geerken and Waag invite you to the Symposium series Building as Being. Here, we discuss new ways of urban design strategies.
- WaagInterface14-03-202119May16:0018:00How can we make a future society sustainable and inclusive and what role do artists and designers play in this? The Future Talks series is focused…
Recent publications by Waag:
- We codeFuture Internet Lab8 Apr 2021How do disruptive innovations threaten or improve democratic governance of public policy and data?
- We careMakeHealth Lab22 Mar 2021Frontiers of Sociology publishes an article on makers' COVID-19 response to the worldwide shortage in medical supplies during corona crisis.
- We learnCo-creation Lab18 Feb 2021The Cities-4-People publication 'Big Messages: Lessons for co-creative mobility initiatives in neighbourhoods' on co-creating neighbourhood mobility.