Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- codeFuture Internet LabThe Tactical Media Room aims to support independent tactical media, journalists, newsrooms and civic initiatives from Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus. This solidarity screening will feature a series of recent works by moving image artists based in Ukraine, made over the past two months.
- codeFuture Internet Lab23-05-2022Two days filled with keynotes, sessions and inspiration for an internet based on public values: we lined up the highlights for you.
- waagInterface21-05-202202JunHow to know if the soil you're using is healthy, for your plants and for you? Learn all about the world of microbes in this workshop by a biologist.
- makeOpen Design Lab20-05-202208Jun19:0021:00Do you want to know how to “tame” the recommendation algorithm behind TikTok? Artist Tomo Kihara shows you how!
- waagInterface19-05-202214Jun20:0022:00Six artists, including Ahmet Polat, Jeanne van Heeswijk and Renzo Martens, on how to manifest change in society through critical art.
- makeOpen Wetlab19-05-202224Jun26JunWith a performance and expo, artist Adriana Knouf offers a queer perspective on the original function of Waag's anatomic theater.
Recent publications by Waag:
- learnFuture Heritage Lab14 Apr 2022Waag's Future Heritage Lab researched Mixed Reality in practice for museums and heritage institutions. This is their final report. (Dutch)
- waagInterface4 Apr 2022Waag's annual report for 2021: the first expedition to the future, impact research, urban ecology, futurist expositions, many walks, and more.
- lifeSmart Citizens Lab18 Nov 2021Report on the measurements and lessons from the sound experiment Amsterdam Sounds.