Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- Op 1 december 2019 bestaat Waag precies 25 jaar. Al een kwart eeuw onderzoekt, bevraagt en experimenteert Waag op het snijvlak van kunst, wetenschap en technologie.
- WaagInterface22-10-201928NovOn 28 November, 2019 BAU will give an informal presentation of the results of the upcoming BAU LAB BioArt meets Performance.
- Waagplanet B01-10-2019Research director Chris Julien gave a talk about planet B and the future relationship of humanity with nature at ITGWO.
- We makeOpen Design Lab01-09-201928NovFablab Amsterdam is open to the public on Thursday afternoon (12:00-17:00 hrs).
- WaagProducts27-08-2019Fairphone has launched the new Fairphone 3. Against the trend, this device is cheaper than the previous version.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab19-08-2019The interactive map of all buildings in the Netherlands that Bert Spaan made in 2013 continues to inspire people.
Next events at the Waag:
- 28NovWe makeOpen Design Lab01-09-2019Fablab Amsterdam is open to the public on Thursday afternoon (12:00-17:00 hrs).
- 28NovWaagInterface22-10-2019On 28 November, 2019 BAU will give an informal presentation of the results of the upcoming BAU LAB BioArt meets Performance.
- 30DecWaagInterface05-11-2018On 1 December 2019 Waag officially exists for 25 years, which we will celebrate starting 30 November from 3pm until 3am.
Recent publications by Waag:
- Waagplanet B18-11-2019What can AI teach us about ourselves and our communities? This essay by Tom Demeyer explores the cultural potential of AI.
- Waagplanet B26-06-2019The position paper describes points of departure for Waag’s AI Culture lab, marking territories for further research by raising questions, issues and…
- We codeCommons Lab12-06-2019In collaboration with AMS Institute, Waag has made a publication on urban data.