Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- codeFuture Internet LabHow can developers and designers focus on the rights of children when developing digital services? With University of Leiden, Waag presents the Code for Children's Rights, commissioned by the Ministry of internal affairs.
- makeOpen Wetlab20-11-2021Dive into Adriana Knouf’s work of the strange, alien and other! Rewatch the livestream on her work in Xenological Preterrelations.
- makeOpen Design Lab19-11-2021In researching the living environment, fieldnote taking has always been an important scientific method. Waag aims to expand the genre.
- makeTextileLab18-11-202110Dec12DecIt is the year 2090. After climate disasters, the western part of the Netherlands has disappeared under sea levels. Visit the exhibition at Waag.
- lifeSmart Citizens Lab10-11-202112Dec14:0016:00Join us on December 12th for a walk along the digital layers of our city and explore the role of citizens in a digital city (in Dutch).
- waagInterface31-10-2021During the explorations of the future, Waag talked to people in all corners of the Netherlands about what they would take with them to a new planet…
Recent publications by Waag:
- waagInterface18 Aug 2021Tips from Waag! Read, watch and listen more about the world of the smart city, citizen science, datafication and digitalisation.
- codeFuture Internet Lab8 Aug 2021In the MicroDonor project, Waag researched a system that enables users to pay for online content and services with microdonations instead of data.
- makeTextileLab8 Jul 2021Addressing the environmental impact of the textile industry through a grassroots initiative focusing on discarded consumer textile.