The Loupe at the National Museum of History
The digital loupe prototype developed by Waag will be subject of a workshop and discussion for museum experts at 'New Digital Technologies, Apps and Tools for Museums and Galleries: The Loupe at the National Museum of History' in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The programme includes:
- Brief presentation of the EMEE (Eurovision Museum Exhibiting Europe) project, Tsvetana Kyoseva, NMH
- Live demonstration of the digital loupe in Hall 2 of NMH, Digital Spaces Living Lab
- Presentation of preliminary results of the digital loupe trials with school children carried out in November 2014 at NMH, Stavri Nikolov, Digital Spaces Living Lab
- Brief presentation of the following projects: - eCultValue, eCultObservatory, and meSch (Material EncounterS with digital Cultural Heritage), Stavri Nikolov, Digital Spaces Living Lab
- Bulgariana in the context of Europeana, Mariana Damova, Mozaika
- Brief presentations of other mobile and web apps that could be used in museums and art galleries - ColorExtract and Autotag.me, Georgi Kadrev, Imagga, and TagStory, Kyrre Havik Eriksen, TagStory and Stavri Nikolov, Digital Spaces Living Lab
- Discussion how mobile apps, tools and gadgets based on advanced information and communication technologies could be designed, made, tested and used in museums and art galleries.