Waag's reaction on the Dutch government plans for 2021-2025: Waag is excited to see the use of the word digitalisation in the new coalition agreement. This is new, and a step in the right direction. Now, we feel it's time to expand this towards seeking representation for Digital Matters on a ministerial level.
Waag pointed out six points of attention for the new government. They can be read in Dutch, but here is an overview:
- Appoint a minister of Digital Matters.
- Address digital illiteracy.
- Make digital infrastructure sustainable.
- The Privacy Authority needs more money and a more broad mandate.
- It is important and urgent to establish an official algorithm supervisor.
- Digital identity should be implemented safely and with the preservation of our freedom.