Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity.
- We learnDigital Curation Lab17-11-2018On November 17 it was thirty years ago that the Netherlands was connected to the internet.
- We learnCreative Learning Lab16-11-2018With 'AI AI Barbie' we design new frameworks for responsible use of AI in toys with parents, children and experts from different disciplines.
- We makeOpen Design Lab07-11-2018Students of the Master Industrial Design (MID) programme at the KABK have followed a BioPlastics workshop in the Waag.
- WaagProducts01-11-2018A fine two-page portrait of Eva Couwens and Bas van Abel of Fairphone in the Dutch newspaper Trouw.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab29-10-2018Tomo Kihara graduated on the use of 'smart' security cameras in the city. He developed a game that makes us aware of all that supervision.
Next events at the Waag:
- 22NovWe learnFuture Heritage Lab08-10-2018During this workshop, we will explore the role of the facilitator during the co-creation process. How much control can you give away?
- 29NovWe makeOpen Design Lab05-11-2018In this trash hacking workshop on 29 November we will try to recycle an impossible type of waste: cigarettes butts.
- 01DecWe learnMaker Education Lab24-10-2018The Maakplaats 021 Fellowship programme is a unique training for primary and secondary education teachers from Amsterdam.