Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity.
- We makeOpen Design Lab12-08-2018Waag encourages active citizenship by developing open, fair and inclusive technology. Common themes in our work are public access to the Internet, the feasibility of technology and breaking open closed systems: 'If you can’t open it, you don’t own it.'
- We codeFuture Internet Lab17-07-2018The Chinese government is experimenting with a social credit system, which sounds terrifying. But if you look closer, Europe & the U.S. are…
- We makeOpen Design Lab11-07-2018Who are you when the lights go off? During Digital Masquerade, we explored the freedom of anonymity in a physical chatroom.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab06-07-2018The privacy policies of none of 14 large tech companies, such as Facebook, Google or Amazon, meet the new European privacy law yet.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab05-07-2018The European Parliament has voted against the new Copyright Directive on Thursday 5 July, for the moment. The plans will now have to be revised.
- We careMakeHealth Lab04-07-201822SepThe second series of MakeHealth: Prototyping starts 22 September 2018 at Makerspace Contact.
Next events at the Waag:
- 06SepWe makeOpen Design Lab24-01-2018Every Thursday, Fablab Amsterdam is open for the public. Come by for a tour through our Fablab, to get inspired and discover what a Fablab is.
- 06SepWe codeFuture Internet Lab13-07-2018How could open source technologies help in solving sustainability challenges?
- 25SepWe makeOpen Design Lab19-02-2018Fabricademy is a transdisciplinary course that focuses on the development of new technologies applied in the textile industry.