CineGrid Amsterdam: the final cut
After a three-year collaboration between eleven partners, the project CineGrid Amsterdam is almost over. We don’t want to let this moment pass unnoticed. Therefore, we will come together once more on June 13 in the EYE Filminstituut to look back at the highlights and enjoy 4K productions.
In the past years al lot has been achieved: as we have gained valuable knowledge about the possibilities that the 4K-technique has to offer, both for science and the cultural sector. We have created an infrastructure that enables people to work with 4K material, to store it and to stream it. A CineGrid Studio was founded and stunning 4K productions were developed.
You can join this event for free.
- 13.30 Doors open
- 14.00 Word of welcome by Walter van Dijk (SURFnet)
- 14.05 Keynote by Laurin Herr (Co-founder CineGrid and President Pacific Interface)
- 14.15 Overview CineGrid Amsterdam by Cees de Laat (University of Amsterdam)
- 14.30 Screening programme, introduction by Thomas Scholz (Waag) * see separate schedule
- 15.30 Screening of the movie Tears of Steel by Blender, introduction by Ton Roosendaal
- 15.45 Debate moderated by Erik Huizer with Laurin Herr, Jeffrey Weekley, Mickal Kresk, Kunitake Kaneko and Cees de Laat
- 16.15 Demo report: Compositing in the cloud by Harry Schreurs (NFA) and Paul Melis (SURFsara)
- 16.30 Closing word by Walter van Dijk (SURFnet) & drinks
EYE Film Institute
1031 KT Amsterdam
June 13 2013
14.00 to 17.00 hrs