Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- We makeTextileLab15-08-2020It is time to apply for Fabricademy 2020! Join us at Waag's TextileLab Amsterdam for this 6-month research journey. Deadline extended!
- WaagInterface12-08-2020Waag's director Marleen Stikker will be professor of practice at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, starting January 2021.
- We makeTextileLab11-08-202010Sep20:0021:00How can we make our indoor climate healthier by developing new materials from living organisms?
- We makeOpen Design Lab28-07-202009Sep13SepAs part of Ars Electronica 2020, Waag is organising an expedition to the gardens of planet B. Will you join us on 11 or 12 September for our nightly…
- WaagAI Culture Lab27-07-202016Sep20:0021:30Together with artist Sjoerd ter Borg and the Aesthetics of Exclusion collective, we are researching gentrification and machine learning during the…
Recent publications by Waag:
- WaagInterface29 Jun 2020Our annual report for 2019 is now online! Waag took important steps last year, both on the substantial and the organisational level.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab10 Jun 2020For the past few months, Waag worked closely together with the Dutch parliament commission on digitalization.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab12 May 2020Commissioned by the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, Waag conducted an investigation into "guidelines for the use of algorithms" based…