Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- We learnCreative Learning Lab04-03-2019What role are robots going to play in our educational system? We organised an evening around this question.
- We makeOpen Wetlab01-03-2019Did you know that you can also follow the BioHack Academy online? All lessons are recorded and shown on the video channel.
- We codeCommons Lab27-02-2019The first stop of the Social Tech Tour tour brought us to OneFarm at A Lab in the North of Amsterdam. Isabella reports.
- We codeSmart Citizens Lab27-02-2019How to measure nuclear radiation? Waag hosted a workshop on how to measure radiation with low-cost sensors.
- We makeOpen Design Lab12-01-2019No lack of attention for the people of our TextileLab. They are now featured in a video of circular platform Circl in Amsterdam.
Next events at the Waag:
- 21MarWe codeCommons Lab26-02-2019Are you done with the dominant story about the market, profit maximization and economic growth? Come and play a different game.
- 28MarWe makeOpen Wetlab27-02-2019The first Critical Making evening forms an introduction to the research. With presentation by Florian Cramer, Letizia Chiappini and Shailoh Phillips.
- 02AprWe makeOpen Wetlab01-03-2019On April 2nd, all students of this year's BioHack Academy will present their work at Waag.
Recent publications by Waag:
- WaagInterface15-02-2019The Waag annual report for 2018 has been published. It contains an overview of the 2018 highlights and our new and current projects in the year.
- We learnMaker Education Lab29-09-2018During the first FabLearn conference in the Netherlands six research papers were published on maker education.
- We codeSmart Citizens Lab07-02-2018The Making Sense-team has published the book 'Citizen Sensing, a toolkit', which describes all methods, lessons and best practices.