Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- WaagInterface21-06-2019The Cities for Digital Rights conference in Amsterdam couldn’t have started with a more urgent keynote speaker than activist Bianca Wylie.
- Waagplanet B21-06-2019Aesthetics of Exclusion researches digital manifestations of the physical city. An interview with Sjoerd ter Borg.
- We codeCommons Lab19-06-2019The DSI4EU consortium presents six special products in the lead up to its final conference.
- We learnCreative Learning Lab12-06-2019During the AI AI Barbie hackathon on June 6th we looked at the role of AI in the relationship between parents and children.
- We codeCommons Lab12-06-2019What were the lessons learned from our Social Tech Tour? Researcher Isabella Krammer dives into the matter.
Next events at the Waag:
- 05SepWe makeOpen Design Lab01-09-2019Fablab Amsterdam is open to the public on Thursday afternoon (12:00-17:00 hrs).
- 14SepWaagInterface03-06-2019On Saturday 14 September the Waag is open during Open Monumentendag 2019 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 01DecWaagInterface05-11-2018On 1 December 2019 Waag officially exists for 25 years.
Recent publications by Waag:
- Waagplanet B26-06-2019The position paper describes points of departure for Waag’s AI Culture lab, marking territories for further research by raising questions, issues and…
- We codeCommons Lab12-06-2019In collaboration with AMS Institute, Waag has made a publication on urban data.
- WaagInterface01-04-2019Twenty-five years since the rise of the internet, we find ourselves again at a crossroads, states our Public Research agenda for 2019.