Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity.
- We makeOpen Design Lab12-08-2018Waag encourages active citizenship by developing open, fair and inclusive technology. Common themes in our work are public access to the Internet, the feasibility of technology and breaking open closed systems: 'If you can’t open it, you don’t own it.'
- We careCreative Care Lab18-07-2018The idea was: a meeting between city makers and the minister. But it proved to be the mayor and the king.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab17-07-2018The Chinese government is experimenting with a social credit system, which sounds terrifying. But if you look closer, Europe & the U.S. are…
- We codeFuture Internet Lab13-07-2018DSI talks is a series of events that investigates technologies and their ability to solve sustainable challenges.
- We careMakeHealth Lab04-07-201822SepThe second series of MakeHealth: Prototyping starts 22 September 2018 at Makerspace Contact.
- We makeOpen Wetlab27-06-2018On 22 June, during the WeMakeThe.City festival in Amsterdam, another STARTS Talk was organised. Lucas Evers reports.
Next events at the Waag:
- 06SepWe makeOpen Design Lab24-01-2018Every Thursday, Fablab Amsterdam is open for the public. Come by for a tour through our Fablab, to get inspired and discover what a Fablab is.
- 06SepWe codeFuture Internet Lab13-07-2018How could open-source technologies help in solving sustainability challenges?
- 25SepWe makeOpen Design Lab19-02-2018Fabricademy is a transdisciplinary course that focuses on the development of new technologies applied in the textile industry.