Behind the scenes: health care innovations in Amsterdam
Discover why Amsterdam is a pioneer in care innovation. We wish to inspire you by showing you the innovations in healthcare that originate in the metropolitan area of Amsterdam, from a live test lab to prototypes and new applications. We invite you to join us in ‘de Waag’, one of the oldest buildings of the city, in the former Anatomical Theatre where Rembrandt’s The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp was situated.
Come see for yourself how a living lab like Health-Lab is a true test environment. Here, research & development takes place together with the end user, so that elderly people can live independently for as long as possible. Commercial parties and research institutes join forces in the project to boost innovation.
If you are a care provider, working in health care or interested in care innovations, you are welcome to join us in Amsterdam on September 24. This site visit of the Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) Forum 2012 is organised by the partners in the Health-Lab initiative: Waag, Amsta, Hogeschool van Amsterdam and Amsterdam Innovation Motor.
- 11.30 hrs Welcome in the Waag-building: Sabine Wildevuur (Waag) and Ger Baron (AIM)
- 11.45 hrs Presentation Health-lab
- 12.15 hrs Lunch and inspiration market where you can check out several innovations: i.e. mockup of the living lab, interactive wall, Low cost prosthesis, Bodyguard stressmeter for people with autism and glucose meters. During the lunch you can join a tour of the Fablab (Fabrication Laboratory) on the first floor.
- 13.00 hrs Visit (limited to 10 participants) to medical care center De Keyzer or a guided tour through the medical history of the city of Amsterdam: from the medieval cloisters to the oldest pharmacy, via the East India company’s medicinal herb trade, to the university’s botanic gardens and the old asylum.
- 16.00 hrs Back at the Waag
Monday 24 September
11.30 - 16.00 hours
Nieuwmarkt 4, Amsterdam