International Digital Preservation Day is held on the last Thursday of every November. This year, the first ever International Digital Preservation Day on 30th November 2017 will draw together individuals and institutions from across the world to celebrate the collections preserved, the access maintained and the understanding fostered by preserving digital materials. The Amsterdam Museum participates in the initiative with a workshop 'Do It Yourself Web archeology'.
This workshop will be Dutch spoken, but for English-speaking visitors a factsheet is available with a summary of the DIY Handbook.
- 15.30 - Visit to the Digital City in the permanent exhibition of the museum.
- 15.45 - How to preserve digital heritage? What can you do to help?
- Presentation 'DIY Handboek voor Webarcheologie' (Dutch with English summary).
- Demonstration of the replica of the Digital City.
- 16.15 - Brainstorm: 'FREEZE! A manifesto for safeguarding and preserving born-digital heritage'.
- 16.30 - Brainstorm: What more is there to excavate?
- 17.00 - 17.30 - Drinks
More information: https://hart.amsterdam/workshopwebarcheologie2017