- Head of System Administration
Henk Buursen is head of system administration since 2000.
It all started with only three servers and a rented data line and has grown into a network at two locations connected by optical fibre and Wi-Fi. The original servers have been replaced by many work horses that monthly will capacitate tens of terabytes of traffic.
Nowadays, Henk is also actively involved in teaching maker skills as tutor at Fablab Amsterdam and the Fab Academy.
- We makeOpen Design Lab28-08-2019A nice article by Tessel Renzenbrink in Elektor Magazine clearly captures the essence of the Fab Academy. Now downloadable as pdf!
- We codeFuture Internet Lab24-08-2015With technology that is just a few months on the market, it is possible to build an internet network for things without 3G or WiFi. It reaches way…
- We makeOpen Design Lab05-06-2015An interesting video conversation with Neil Gershenfeld, founder of the FabLab, physicist and the Director of MIT's Center for Bits and Atoms. He is…
- We codeFuture Internet Lab11-01-2015Aaron Swartz died two years ago, on January 11, 2013. Time to remember him through the documentary 'The Internet's own boy'. The film follows the…
- We codeFuture Internet Lab06-11-2014After just one day already 15% of the crowdfunding target at Indiegogo had been reached: the Mooltipass, an open-source offline password database.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab05-06-2014June 5, 2014 is declared 'Reset the Net' day. Therefore I would like to recommend you to read or listen to this contribution by Smári McCarthy.