Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity. Read more.
- We learnMaker Education LabMax shares insights after the first DO IT workshop series in which we worked co-creatively with childeren in makerspaces across Europe.
- We codeSmart Citizens Lab10-04-2019In this blog series Hidde Kamst examines different ways of using technology in cities, and the corresponding roles these imply for citizens.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab03-04-2019In recent months, the municipality of Amsterdam has experimented with new forms of digital identity and the sharing of personal data.
- We makeOpen Design Lab01-04-2019Laura Muth tells about her current research into different kinds of leather during her internship at our TextileLab.
- WaagInterface18-03-2019In 'Things Come Apart 2.0', photographer Todd McLellan records digital devices that he has taken apart.
- We careMakeHealth Lab06-03-2019Recent developments in healthcare focus on the wide adoption of technology. But how are the users involved in this?
Next events at the Waag:
- 25AprWe codeCreative Learning Lab27-03-2019This evening is all about social robotics. Intelligent, social robots that can control social behaviour. With researcher Cristina Zaga.
- 02MayWe codeCommons Lab10-04-2019Do you want to let your creativity run free and contribute to a better world at the same time? Come to the game night on May 2nd.
- 06JunWe learnCreative Learning Lab11-04-2019If toys start speaking back: what role do we want artificial intelligence (AI) to play in the education of our children?
Recent publications by Waag:
- WaagInterface01-04-2019Twenty-five years since the rise of the internet, we find ourselves again at a crossroads, states our Public Research agenda for 2019.
- WaagInterface15-02-2019The Waag annual report for 2018 has been published. It contains an overview of the 2018 highlights and our new and current projects in the year.
- We learnMaker Education Lab29-09-2018During the first FabLearn conference in the Netherlands six research papers were published on maker education.