Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab21-06-2018EU votes for copyright law that would make internet a 'tool for control'. The measures would stifle freedom of expression by curtailing internet users.
- We makeOpen Wetlab20-06-2018112 pistols and guns hang on the wall at Arti, Amsterdam. But some pistols appear to have very peculiar shapes...
- We codeFuture Internet Lab17-06-2018The British economist Kate Raworth visited the Waag to discuss the application of Doughnut Economics with city makers and councilmen from Amsterdam.
- We learnMaker Education Lab15-06-201828SepFrom September 28, MakerEducation.nl organizes the Fablearn Conference for Dutch education.
- We makeOpen Wetlab13-06-2018A Dutch 3D-printed steel bridge, by MX3D en Joris Laarman Lab, will receive the STARTS Prize. Visit their studio during the WeMakeThe.City.
- We makeOpen Design Lab01-06-201828JunWhat is the effect of anonymity on human interaction? During Digital Masquerade Waag will be transformed into a physical chatroom.
Next events at the Waag:
- 28JunWe makeOpen Design Lab24-01-2018Every Thursday, Fablab Amsterdam is open for the public. Come by for a tour through our Fablab, to get inspired and discover what a Fablab is.
- 28JunWe makeOpen Design Lab01-06-2018What is the effect of anonymity on human interaction? During Digital Masquerade Waag will be transformed into a physical chatroom.
- 05JulWe careMakeHealth Lab09-05-2018During this meetup we present the results of the MakeHealth: prototyping series and the online platform Careables.