The Fabschoolino is the ultimate gift for anyone who loves soldering, electronics, crafts and programming. A Fabschoolino mini computer is used to control things, such as a marble track, a traffic light or a door alarm.
- Build your own mini computer with Arduino
- Step-by-step soldering instructions
- Ready? Start programming!
Soldering and programming yourself
The do-it-yourself mini computer Fabschoolino has been specially developed for the young maker within the FabSchool learning programme of Waag. The Arduino-based microcontroller is a kit that you completely have to solder and program yourself.
For schools, maker spaces and handy parents
Take the Fabschoolino with your children to go on a creative and technical journey of discovery. The box contains a nice set of components to start your own creative electronics project from scratch. All parts for the following projects are included in the box:
- TV-B-Gone: program your Fabschoolino so you can turn off all the TVs in the area at once.
- Door alarm: create a door alarm with your Fabschoolino so that nobody walks into the room unnoticed.
- Traffic light: use your Fabschoolino to build a traffic light that measures the distance. The light will turn red if an object comes too close.
Look at fabschoolino.waag.org for the instructions. Available in English.