Waag operates at the intersection of science, technology and the arts, focusing on technology as an instrument of social change, and guided by the values of fairness, openness and inclusivity.
- We makeOpen Design LabIsta Boszhard and Cecilia Raspanti of TextileLab Amsterdam are nominated as Future Fashion Pioneers. You can vote for them until 10 December!
- WaagAcademy19-11-2018In 2019 it is again possible to follow the Fab Academy for five months at Fablab Amsterdam in the Waag. The deadline for applications for Fab Academy…
- We learnCreative Learning Lab16-11-2018With 'AI AI Barbie' we design new frameworks for responsible use of AI in toys with parents, children and experts from different disciplines.
- We makeOpen Design Lab07-11-2018Students of the Master Industrial Design (MID) programme at the KABK have followed a BioPlastics workshop in the Waag.
- WaagProducts01-11-2018A fine two-page portrait of Eva Couwens and Bas van Abel of Fairphone in the Dutch newspaper Trouw.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab29-10-2018Tomo Kihara graduated on the use of 'smart' security cameras in the city. He developed a game that makes us aware of all that supervision.
Next events at the Waag:
- 15DecWe learnMaker Education Lab24-10-2018The Maakplaats 021 Fellowship programme is a unique training for primary and secondary education teachers from Amsterdam.
- 16DecWe makeOpen Design Lab18-10-2018The Beauty Kit Female Farm is an eco-friendly cognitive-pleasure oriented farm that harvests female genital fluids to produce beauty bio-products.
- 20DecWe makeOpen Design Lab05-11-2018During the Christmas and New Year period there will be no Thursday evening programme in the Waag and no open day at Fablab Amsterdam.