- Head of programme
Karien Vermeulen works as head of programme education at Waag for Creative Learning Lab.
In her function Karien wants to inspire education to develop projects together in which new technology is used to create an optimal learning environment. In this, creativity, co-creation, experimenting, the learning experience and above all the pupils are the key elements.
- We learnMaker Education Lab26-04-2018Last week I was part of Steamconf 2018 Barcelona where innovative teachers and educators gathered.
- We learnMaker Education Lab25-10-2017Teacher Maker Camp is an inspiring technical and creatively challenging training for teachers and library staff.
- We learnMaker Education Lab08-08-2017Teacher Maker Camp wants to give teachers a chance to develop their maker mindset and skills
- We learnMaker Education Lab29-04-2016We, Robin van Westen and Karien Vermeulen, were invited to visit and present at FabLearn Denmark in Aarhus and Silkeborg. The conference brought…
- We learnCreative Learning Lab20-11-2015For ten weeks, teachers from primary education in Amsterdam were guided by Pauline Maas and Berend Weij in our course CodePower, to work on…
- We learnCreative Learning Lab30-03-2015As I listened to the first talks at TEDx Amsterdam Education 2015, I found myself wondering, “Am I TED tired?” TED is known to prepare its speakers…