This overview shows our current projects. For older projects that have been completed, visit our project archive.
- codeFuture Internet LabThe Tactical Media Room aims to support independent tactical media, journalists, newsrooms and civic initiatives from Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus.
- lifeSmart Citizens LabWaag organises the route management around public programmes relating to ‘Smart, liveable cities’, aiming to better connect science with society.
- codeFuture Internet LabHow innovative online revenue models can improve the independence of makers.
- codeFuture Internet LabThe Dutch national police plans to use more drones. Waag organises citizen focus groups to research the ethical considerations necessary.
- lifeSmart Citizens LabIn collaboration with investigative journalism platform Argos (VPRO), Waag researches the crossovers between citizen science and journalism.
- makeOpen WetlabGeneConsent gives genetic research participants complete control over their data by providing a dynamic informed consent service.
- makeOpen WetlabIn BioCommons, we investigate how we as a society can deal with our biological and genetic data, and how this data can be seen as a commons.
- codeFuture Internet LabTackling disinformation by guaranteeing the authenticity of messages? Waag is working on a way to do this through digital certificates.
- lifeSmart Citizens LabWaag and the Microbiome Center are joining forces to research how technological solutions contributing to more control for patients in diseases…
- makeTextileLabshemakes empowers future female innovators of the sustainable fashion industry through inspiration, skills and networks to bridge the gender gap in…
- codeFuture Internet LabACROSS improves privacy-friendly data exchange between EU member states' public services.
- codeFuture Internet LabDEPS (Digital European Public Spaces) has the goal to research and facilitate digital European public spaces that are open, democratic, and…