Our public research comprises of labs. A lab is a group of researchers, designers and developers organised around a research theme - related to relevant social developments.
- WaagThe AI Culture Lab sets out to explore the role and potential of AI in our shared futures.
- We learnThe Co-creation Lab is responsible for research into, and development and improvement of co-creation and related methods.
- We codeThe Commons Lab works towards the understanding of present-day commons and implements new forms of commoning.
- We careThe Creative Care Lab connects technology and design thinking to users, artists, developers and engineers. We research and develop applications and…
- We learnThe Creative Learning Lab develops contemporary, exciting educational formats with experts from education, the arts and new media.
- We learnThe Future Heritage Lab sees heritage as a dynamic concept, where people interact freely with objects, stories and associations.
- We codeThe Future Internet Lab democratizes the access to technology and critically follows and designs the technology for democratization.
- We careIn the MakeHealth Lab, we do collective design and production of open and personalised healthcare solutions.
- We learnLearning from a maker perspective is learning through making and connects ours heads and hearts.
- We makeThe Open WetLab is a leading place for bio-art, biodesign and do-it-together biology in the heart of Amsterdam.
- WaagImagine a place that’s a lot like Earth. We’ll call it planet B.
- We codeThe Smart Citizens Lab explores tools and applications that help make sense of the world around us.
- We makeTextileLab combines digital fabrication processes, crafts techniques, textiles knowledge and material research.