Our public research comprises of labs, where the activities and projects of Waag are carried out. A lab is a group of leading researchers, designers and developers organised around a research subject - related to relevant social developments.
- We careThe Creative Care Lab connects technology and design thinking to users, artists, developers and engineers. We research and develop applications and…
- We learnThe Creative Learning Lab develops contemporary, exciting educational formats with experts from education, the arts and new media.
- We learnThe Digital Curation Lab investigates the challenges and transformation possibilities for the heritage sector under the influence of digitization.
- We learnThe Future Heritage Lab sees heritage as a dynamic concept, where people interact freely with objects, stories and associations.
- We codeThe Future Internet Lab democratizes the access to technology and critically follows and designs the technology for democratization.
- We careIn the MakeHealth Lab, we investigate how you can make your own health care applications that support the self-reliance of patients or support…
- We learnLearning from a maker perspective is learning through making and connects ours heads and hearts.
- We makeThe Open Design Lab makes innovation in the make and design industry transparant and accessible for artists, designers, entrepreneurs, and citizens.
- We makeThe Open WetLab is a leading place for bio-art, biodesign and do-it-together biology in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We codeThe Smart Citizens Lab explores tools and applications that help make sense of the world around us.