Dick van Dijk
- Creative director
Dick van Dijk is creative director and head of programme at Waag.
Part of his role at Waag is creating interactive concepts, strategizing design research and user involvement, and monitoring the development of the actual ‘thing’. He is mostly interested in the crossover between virtual and physical interactions, in creating a narrative space, a place for imagination.
As concept developer he has worked on many cultural heritage projects. He has spoken and lectured on (location based) storytelling, interaction design, playful learning and co-creation. Dick is co-author of several publications like on social connectedness. He is co-author of the book 'Connect, Design for an Emphatic Society' on age-driven design.
Dick has a background in Business Economics and History of Art and is currently extending his creative skills in the context of an Arts Academy. Dick is part of the Fontys Media Lectorate/Fontys FutureMediaLab.
- learnFuture Heritage Lab01-11-2021During MuseumCamp 2021, professionals from the museum and heritage sectors created a manifest on contested histories and heritage.
- learnFuture Heritage Lab29-01-2021In the Digital Dynamic Documentation project, Imagine IC and Waag are investigating how emotion networks can be used as a concept in combination with…
- waagInterface20-08-2018We played Mind the Gap - a role-play game, designed as a structure for dialogues which examine the gender gap.
- learnFuture Heritage Lab28-09-2017A team from Waag has realised the installation 'Garden as Lab' that will travel trough the country with a selection of DIY tests.
- learnFuture Heritage Lab17-01-2017In times of aggressive nationalism, economic protectionism and mass migrant movements, third year Graphic Design student teams researched…
- learnOpen Wetlab07-11-2016The Pet Shop Food Bar connects three different worlds: DIY biohacking, the rich knowledge of botanical gardens and the societal challenge of food…