- Concept developer
Ista is a concept developer and co-founder of Waag's TextileLab Amsterdam. In her work she always questions the status quo that we are used to and explores possible and desired alternatives for the textile and clothing industry.
She empowers and connects people by building communities that want to push things forward together. She is experienced in guiding people through creative processes by combining different methods such as storytelling, co-creation, design and scenario thinking. Being value-driven, she combines intuition and research into cultural studies. Ista also works as a lecturer at the Amsterdam Fashion Institute (AMFI) and HvA.
- We makeOpen Design Lab01-04-2019Laura Muth tells about her current research into different kinds of leather during her internship at our TextileLab.
- We makeOpen Design Lab21-11-2018Ista Boszhard took part in a roundtable discussion during the Budapest Central European Fashion Week.
- We learnMaker Education Lab25-09-2017After two Summer Schools at the Waag building in Amsterdam in the past years, a third Summer Academy was organised on location this year. Earlier…
- We makeOpen Design Lab29-05-2017Recently, scientist Tessa Luijben and designer Margherita Soldati started their (graduation) research in the TextileLab. An update!
- We makeOpen Design Lab06-12-2016As part of the TCBL project, Waag's TextileLab Amsterdam opened only three months ago. We explore the possibilities driven by values like openness,…
- We makeOpen Design Lab02-06-2016The TextileLab in Amsterdam in the Waag is now a reality. How can technology, open design, and experimentation contribute to sustainable innovation…