This overview shows our current projects. For older projects that have been completed, visit our project archive.
- We learnMaker Education LabDO IT contributes to youth employment and to create new jobs in the social economy by nurturing in young pupils seeds for active social innovation:…
- WaagProductsFairphone’s mission is to bring a fair smartphone to the market – one made entirely of parts produced and utilised without harming individuals or the…
- We learnMaker Education LabTo school librarians in the latest make techniques, Waag has developed the Librarian Maker Camp.
- We makeOpen WetlabThe project Critical Making will bring together practices in contemporary art, design and technology with artistic research.
- We learnCo-creation LabCities-4-People is a three year project that aims to implement a pilot program running at five urban and peri-urban areas where citizens, city…
- We codeOpen WetlabThe STARTS Prize is an annual recognition of two innovative projects at the interface of science, technology and art.
- We learnMaker Education Lab021 Maakplaats Amsterdam is a scale-up of our years of pioneering activities and efforts in the maker movement en maker education.
- We makeTextileLabThe TextileLab Amsterdam is a lab for creatives interested in experimenting with craftsmanship, technology and digital fabrication for the textile…
- We learnCo-creation LabWithin the BigPicnic project, 18 European partners worked together to bring 'food security' to the attention of their city's citizens.
- We codeCommons LabDigital Social Innovation in Europe (DSI4EU) supports digital social innovation networks in Europe.
- We codeFuture Internet LabThis project researches the effect of co-creation on the energy reduction during home renovations.
- We makeOpen WetlabWaag gives biotech artists and designers the opportunity to use our facilities and to present their work within our public programme.