- Concept developer
Socrates Schouten works as concept developer at Waag.
Socrates Schouten is researcher and writer in the field of the circular economy and the commons. In 2016 he wrote the book 'De circulaire economie' (The Circular Economy, published by Leesmagazijn) about ecological thinking and the philosophy of the commons.
Socrates worked at several social organisations in the field of sustainability, recycling, green politics and change in the way economics are approached in The Netherlands, such Recycling Netwerk, Bureau de Helling, Qoin and 'Platform Duurzame en Solidaire Economie' (PDSE). Socrates studied environmental sciences at the TU Delft and the University of Leiden.
- We codeCommons Lab10-05-2019Can games help us achieve a more social and collaborative society? In our Common play with us series, we aim to learn all about games.
- We codeCommons Lab17-10-2018Socrates Schouten gives you five priorities in using digital technologies for social innovation.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab01-06-2018Amsterdam’s radically different tone of voice demonstrated by the newly elected city council on the issue of technology is crystal clear.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab26-09-2017This interview with Marleen Stikker was written together with Erica Meijers. It was published in the Dutch magazine de Helling, year 29/4. This issue…
- We codeCommons Lab02-06-2017More and more opinion leaders are mistaking a few big corporate platforms for the collaborative economy. We need a pro-active policy framework that…
- We codeCommons Lab05-12-2016During the first meeting of the Open Planbureau multiple topics were discussed. Are the current economic planning models suficient to predict our…