- Chief Technology Officer
Tom Demeyer is Chief Technology Officer at Waag.
In 1998, he started at Waag as a senior developer of real-time audiovisual software, something he already worked on at STEIM since 1987. Applications like BigEye and Image/ine, but also hardware sensor interfaces like Sensorlab were at the cradle of real-time computer technology in the performing arts.
Currently his main interests are data analysis and data ethics, privacy and security enhancing technologies and the semantic web.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab27-10-2020In this research paper, Waag's CTO Tom Demeyer reflects on the meaning of the digital public space and the principle of authenticity.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab06-05-2020Finally, the Dutch law for Digital government proposes reliable online identification and authentication (in Dutch).
- We codeFuture Internet Lab23-04-2020This chronology was presented by the CTO of Waag during 'Worldwide Data Dilemmas: contact-tracing apps during corona times' on 23 April, 2020.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab21-04-2020Tracking inhabitants seems to be the solution for mapping infections with corona virus.
- WaagAI Culture Lab11-10-2019What can AI teach us about ourselves and our communities? This essay by Tom Demeyer explores the cultural potential of AI.
- We learnFuture Heritage Lab24-02-2017On request of Archief2020, Tom Demeyer (CTO of Waag) has written an article titled 'The Deep Archive'. In this article, he describes two possible…