- Head of communications
Gijs Boerwinkel is Waag's head of communications. In his position, he is constantly looking for new ways to connect relevant target groups to the research labs and projects of Waag. He is the co-lead of Waag's Interface team.
Gijs studied political science and political communications at University of Amsterdam. Previously, he worked for Text to Change, a social enterprise that uses mobile technology to inform people in developing countries about subjects related to health and agriculture. Also, for a short period of time, he worked for the Tour de France organisation in Utrecht, where he was responsible for press relations and communications.
- waagInterface03-05-2021Looking for the perfect snapshot of data centers in the dark: ‘we want to visualise the digital cloud''Acid Clouds' is a research and visualisation of the growing amount of data centers in the Netherlands by artist Niels Schrader and photographer Roel…
- makeTextileLab04-11-2020The Amsterdam Reflow team visited two locations of a key organisation in the city’s circular textile chain.
- waagInterface08-11-2019Waag celebrates the 25th anniversary and to celebrate we are highlighting different themes in our work in the video series 25 years of impact.
- codeFuture Internet Lab31-10-2019Through the cameras of the municipality of Amsterdam, intended to keep polluting cars out of the city, the police watched whether criminals also…
- waagInterface21-06-2019The Cities for Digital Rights conference in Amsterdam couldn’t have started with a more urgent keynote speaker than activist Bianca Wylie.
- learnFuture Heritage Lab21-01-2019Together with the Oude Kerk, Waag developed, tested and researched a number of mixed reality concepts.