- Head of communications
Gijs works as head of communications at Waag. In his position, he is constantly looking for new ways to connect relevant target groups to the research labs and projects of Waag.
Gijs studied politics and political communication at the University of Amsterdam. In earlier jobs, he worked for Text to Change, a social enterprise that uses mobile technology to inform people in developing countries about health and agricultural related subjects. He also worked for a short period for the Tour de France organisation in Utrecht, being responsible for press relations and communication.
- We makeTextileLab04-11-2020The Amsterdam Reflow team visited two locations of a key organisation in the city’s circular textile chain.
- WaagInterface08-11-2019Waag celebrates the 25th anniversary and to celebrate we are highlighting different themes in our work in the video series 25 years of impact.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab31-10-2019Through the cameras of the municipality of Amsterdam, intended to keep polluting cars out of the city, the police watched whether criminals also…
- WaagInterface21-06-2019The Cities for Digital Rights conference in Amsterdam couldn’t have started with a more urgent keynote speaker than activist Bianca Wylie.
- We learnFuture Heritage Lab21-01-2019Together with the Oude Kerk, Waag developed, tested and researched a number of mixed reality concepts.
- We learnFuture Heritage Lab06-09-2018We interviewed Marianna van der Zwaag, project leader at the Oude Kerk ('Old Church') in Amsterdam and involved in the project Mixed Reality @ Oude…