- Community manager
Gijs works as community manager at Waag. In his position, he is constantly looking for new ways to connect relevant target groups to the research labs and projects of Waag.
Gijs studied politics and political communication at the University of Amsterdam. In earlier jobs, he worked for Text to Change, a social enterprise that uses mobile technology to inform people in developing countries about health and agricultural related subjects. He also worked for a short period for the Tour de France organisation in Utrecht, being responsible for press relations and communication.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab25-06-2018'What is the public stack? How can we make the public stack a more viable alternative for the private one, without having to reinvent the wheel?'
- We careMakeHealth Lab01-02-2018Healthcare demands and solutions are changing rapidly. Open-source hardware will play an important role in the future.
- We codeSmart Citizens Lab27-12-2017On the Wednesday before Xmas, an enthusiastic group of people gathered at the Waag to assemble an air quality sensor, together with the national RIVM…
- We codeFuture Internet Lab11-12-2017December 14th there will be a vote to abolish net neutrality in the US. We asked Taco van Dijk why we should worry about this.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab24-11-2017The new directive called PSD2 will give banks the opportunity to share your data with third parties. Do we need to worry about this development?
- We codeFuture Internet Lab04-11-2017There is a new Dutch law on the intelligence services. Why do we have to worry about this law? Nina Boelsums explains.