- Head of communications
Gijs works as head of communications at Waag. In his position, he is constantly looking for new ways to connect relevant target groups to the research labs and projects of Waag.
Gijs studied politics and political communication at the University of Amsterdam. In earlier jobs, he worked for Text to Change, a social enterprise that uses mobile technology to inform people in developing countries about health and agricultural related subjects. He also worked for a short period for the Tour de France organisation in Utrecht, being responsible for press relations and communication.
- WaagInterface21-06-2019The Cities for Digital Rights conference in Amsterdam couldn’t have started with a more urgent keynote speaker than activist Bianca Wylie.
- We learnFuture Heritage Lab21-01-2019Together with the Oude Kerk, Waag developed, tested and researched a number of mixed reality concepts.
- We learnFuture Heritage Lab06-09-2018We interviewed Marianna van der Zwaag, project leader at the Oude Kerk ('Old Church') in Amsterdam and involved in the project Mixed Reality @ Oude…
- We learnMaker Education Lab29-08-2018We interviewed Karien Vermeulen about the importance of maker education and learning by making. It connects children's creativity with technology in…
- We learnCreative Learning Lab16-08-2018Henk from Waag tells why we need more hackers and people with the hacker attitude. Teaching this to kids is a good start, he explains.
- We codeFuture Internet Lab25-06-2018'What is the public stack? How can we make the public stack a more viable alternative for the private one, without having to reinvent the wheel?'