Tonya Sudiono works as a Communicator at Waag, with a focus on projects from Make.
As a Communicator, Tonya carves out communication plans for Make projects. This includes editorial work such as writing articles and interviews, creating the monthly Make newsletter and carrying out the (social) media strategy. Make studies societal and ecological questions through hardware, production processes and materials - with a DIY attitude.
Next to working at Waag, she is board member at both feminist platform De Bovengrondse and Vers in de Pers (Nederlandse Vereniging van Journalisten). She also works as a freelance editor for various platforms including Lilith Mag and Filosofie Magazine.
Tonya graduated in Dutch language and culture (BA) and Philosophy (BA and MA) at the University of Amsterdam.
- We learnFuture Heritage Lab11-05-2021Waag went on a field trip to see which plants, humans, animals, buildings and life-forms are to be found at Amsterdam Science Park.
- WaagInterface03-05-2021Waag is exploring the future in the Netherlands. In what kind of world do people want to live? And how can we improve the future from the now?
- We makeTextileLab09-04-2021We had a talk with Sara Alvarez (ESP). At Fabricademy, she developed Symbiotic Shoes.
- We makeOpen Design Lab22-03-2021Esmee Geerken wants to discover how we can build in harmony with our surroundings and other living species. Walk along with her and artist collective…
- We careCare Lab26-02-2021Interview | Dr. Adriana Knouf is one of Waag’s artist in residences. Who is she, where did she come from and what is she planning to do at Waag?