Tonya Sudiono works as a Communicator at Waag, with a focus on projects from Make.
As a Communicator, Tonya carves out communication plans for Make projects. This includes editorial work such as writing articles and interviews, creating the monthly Make newsletter and carrying out the (social) media strategy. Make studies societal and ecological questions through hardware, production processes and materials - with a DIY attitude.
Next to working at Waag, she is board member at both feminist platform De Bovengrondse and Vers in de Pers (Nederlandse Vereniging van Journalisten). She also works as a freelance editor for various platforms including Lilith Mag and Filosofie Magazine.
Tonya graduated in Dutch language and culture (BA) and Philosophy (BA and MA) at the University of Amsterdam.
- We makeTextileLab14-07-2021Waag speaks to the graduates of Fabricademy 2020 about their work and inspiration. This time: Rebecca van Caem, creator of textiles from food waste.
- We careCare Lab12-07-2021If your mom could bear your child, would you do it? The speculative artwork ‘Grandmom Mom’ raises ethical questions.
- We makeOpen Design Lab15-06-2021Is a so-called Zoöp a way to embed ecology into urban development? Waag spoke to Klaas Kuitenbrouwer (Het Nieuwe Instituut) about this.
- We makeOpen Wetlab16-05-2021'Through play, I want to reframe our relationship with plants,' says artistic researcher Špela Petrič.
- We makeTextileLab15-05-2021With Hearth Design Lab, Fabricademy alumnus Paulina Martina wants to fill the knowledge gap between senior secondary vocational and science levels.
- We learnFuture Heritage Lab11-05-2021Waag went on a field trip to see which plants, humans, animals, buildings and life-forms are to be found at Amsterdam Science Park.