How do we strengthen citizens’ positions in relation to governments and corporations, so they can have a positive impact on their health and living environment? Due to technological developments, climate change and social upheaval, we all have to deal with a multitude of forces on a daily basis. These have an effect on our living environment and affect our lives and our bodies. This varies from particulate matter in the air, to the quality of food or green areas in our cities. At the same time, there are more opportunities and tools for citizens to influence their own environment. Life investigates how citizens can take technology into their own hands to improve their health, the living environment and society as a whole.
- lifeCare LabWaag and the Microbiome Center are joining forces to research how technological solutions contributing to more control for patients in diseases…
- lifeSmart Citizens LabThis project examines the conditions for building a future smart city. It focuses on what data is collected and how it is used to address urban…
- lifeSmart Citizens LabThe aim of Tipping the Balance is to investigate which factors and strategies play a role in encouraging citizens to make healthier food choices.
- lifeCare Lab01-12-2021The first design session in the Healthy Life project researched how patients can measure and use their data to find the answers to their healthcare…
- lifeSmart Citizens Lab01-12-2021For the Tipping the Balance project, Waag is researching healthy, sustainable food in the area of Schothorst in Amersfoort (in Dutch).
- lifeSmart Citizens Lab18-11-2021Report on the measurements and lessons from the sound experiment Amsterdam Sounds.