Care is based on design thinking: designers, artists, healthcare workers and people in need of healthcare collectively work on innovative solutions. Waag researches the role of technology in healthcare. More and more, we are able to monitor our health, and medical data are processed digitally. How can we both ensure privacy as well as improve healthcare by the knowledge we gather about ourselves? Next to this, Care works on the MakeHealth project, facilitating cooperation leading to personalised healthcare solutions, which are shared open-source via the worldwide Careables platform.
- We careCare LabThe Embassy of Health explores challenges within healthcare and unites different perspectives on the crossings of technology, design, science, arts…
- We careCare LabThe eHealth Users Guild focuses on the successful implementation of eHealth services and products.
- We careCare LabWithin the PACO project we will develop fundemental knowledge on the acceptance, working principles and persuasiveness of virtual agents.
- We careCare Lab22-03-2021Frontiers of Sociology publishes an article on makers' COVID-19 response to the worldwide shortage in medical supplies during corona crisis.
- We careCare Lab26-02-2021Interview | Dr. Adriana Knouf is one of Waag’s artist in residences. Who is she, where did she come from and what is she planning to do at Waag?
- We careCare Lab23-10-2020What did Waag do at Dutch Design Week 2020? And how can you get involved? That is what we explain in this article (in Dutch).